Here are some writing and publishing resources I personally have found to be useful.
They are each run by someone else, so please keep in mind I have zero control what
the owners of these sites say or do. If you happen to have a bad experience with
anyone listed here, please let me know and I’ll consider removing the reference.
If there is a site you think should be featured here but isn’t, contact me about that, too!
Getting your novel published:
- Preditors & Editors – a resource gathering point and warning system for writing scams
- Miss Snark – no longer updated, but a great info pool on how to query and be heard
Publishing poetry and short literary fiction:
- Duotrope’s Digest – highly searchable database of literary magazines
- Poets & Writers – magazine for and about literary writers
- Writer’s Digest. – craft and publishing tips, contests, and author profiles
- Nashville Writers Meetup Group – the real-world writer’s group I’m a part of
- Fictionaut – a membership community for advanced short fic and poetry writers
- Writing.Com – a networking site for newbie writers looking for very gentle critique (but leaning more toward a paid business model these days, so use your discretion)